Loan - PTPTN
PTPTN is set up with the objective of providing financial assistance to students following a programme of study at a higher education institution (HEI) in Malaysia. The PTPTN loan covers the tuition fees (full or partial) as well as living cost during the course of study.
Official Site: http://www.ptptn.gov.my
Egibility for Application
To be eligible, applicant must fulfil the following conditions:
- Applicant must be a Malaysian citizen
- Age of applicant at the point of application must not exceed 45 years old
- Applicant must have successfully obtained an offer from a HEI registered with PTPTN
- Programme offered by HEI must be approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Applicant must not be a recipient of any other sponsorships
- For applicant who is in the middle of a programme, the remaining duration of study at the point of application must not be less than 1 year
- Having received offer from HEI, applicant purchases a PTPTN number at RM 5 from any of the Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) branches. The PTPTN number may be purchased over the counter, through an ATM machine or through a Cash Deposit machine.
- Applicant opens the following accounts at Bank Islam:
- SSPN-i Account
- Saving Account
- Applicant submits an application online at http://www.ptptn.gov.my within 6 months from the date of purchase of the PTPTN number.
- After the submission of application, applicant may check the status of application online starting from the sixth day of submission of application.
Note: If you need assistance with your application, please speak to your Head of Department.
The repayment of PTPTN loan starts 6 months after the completion of a programme of study. From this point onwards, a flat interest rate of 1% per annum starts to apply.
Repayment period varies with loan amount as follow:
|Loan Amount (RM)
|10,000 and below
|10,001 - 22,000
|22,001 - 50,000
|51,001 and above